Tips for Growing Your Appraisal Practice in Challenging Times
So many changes to our lives and our businesses lately. It’s hard to keep up with factual news, currently safety policies & procedures, and new appraisal regulations.
Here are a few tips to keep you sane and safe.
- Appraise locusts and locust damage. When the world gives you lemons – make lemonade. Same for appraisers. There are loads of problems and challenges your clients and prospects are facing that you can help them solve. Your expertise is needed now more than ever. Reach out to your client base and prospect list, and offer to help.
- Donate Some Time. If you’re slow, then allocate some of that free time to your pro-bono bucket. Appraisers are constantly bombarded with appraisal requests form not-for-profits, that have little or no financial resources to spend on appraisals. Now is the time to help them too.
- Brush up on your marketing skills and develop a marketing strategy. Tactics are fine, but only if they are developed and implemented with a well-defined strategic plan. Check out: www.InnerCircleAppraiser.com for ideas.
- Take Care of Yourself. Are you keeping to your routine? Exercising? Getting outside – at least for a bit? Create and keep to your new routine. Schedule time to walk, or least leave the house – even if it’s just to sit on the porch.
- Create audio/video conferences with Zoom and other platforms for casual gatherings with your friends, colleagues, and clients. Keeping in touch is important.
- Look to the Future. We’re moving in the right direction, so be ready for the changes that we will all need to accept. Enjoy the present – if you look closely, you’ll find wondrous things happen right now in your life.